Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apple Fritters





Here's a post I did a while back on my old blog. Enjoy! :)



I'm trying to make it a goal on this site to try out as many pinterest recipes as I can. I hope by doing so, I can give you all a better idea of what to make! Today's recipe pick are the homemade apple fritters that have been taking pinterest by a storm. Jacquline from Seemingly Greek is the creator of this yummy recipe. I looked through the reviews and adapted it to a recipe to better fit my tastes. The result? Pretty good! I have never been an apple fritter fan (I'm a freak!) but these were not too bad. :) A little trick... the more apples the better. The bites with the most apple in them were the best! So, I would definitely keep this one in my recipe box. I think my husband will love them! Be sure to check out Jacquline's blog for many other great ideas.











Homemade Apple Fritters Recipe:
heaping cup AP flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 T. and 1tsp brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp almond extract
1 T. butter, melted
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
3 large apples. (Tart flavors work the best)


Glaze
2 cups pwd. sugar and 2 T. milk 

DIRECTIONS
  1. Heat Oil (You will know it's ready when a small drop of dough floats to the top) I kept it on medium low heat.
  2. Mix all ingredients together. (I like the original authors description: "The batter should be the consistency of a light cake mix") 
  3. I used a cookie scooper to drop around 5 dough balls in the oil.
  4. Brown each side (it takes around 30-40 seconds) I used two cooking spoons to flip and squeeze the extra oil out when they were done.
  5. Dip warm fritters in your glaze mixture (I made sure they were completely coated) 
Serve warm! :) 

Want to try the original recipe instead? Click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment