Here's a post I did a while back on my old blog. Enjoy! :)
I'm trying to make it a goal on this site to try out as many pinterest recipes as I can. I hope by doing so, I can give you all a better idea of what to make! Today's recipe pick are the homemade apple fritters that have been taking pinterest by a storm. Jacquline from is the creator of this yummy recipe. I looked through the reviews and adapted it to a recipe to better fit my tastes. The result? Pretty good! I have never been an apple fritter fan (I'm a freak!) but these were not too bad. :) A little trick... the more apples the better. The bites with the most apple in them were the best! So, I would definitely keep this one in my recipe box. I think my husband will love them! Be sure to check out Jacquline's blog for many other great ideas.
- Heat Oil (You will know it's ready when a small drop of dough floats to the top) I kept it on medium low heat.
- Mix all ingredients together. (I like the original authors description: "The batter should be the consistency of a light cake mix")
- I used a cookie scooper to drop around 5 dough balls in the oil.
- Brown each side (it takes around 30-40 seconds) I used two cooking spoons to flip and squeeze the extra oil out when they were done.
- Dip warm fritters in your glaze mixture (I made sure they were completely coated)
Serve warm! :)
Want to try the original recipe instead? Click HERE!