Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

My First Sewing Machine



I am the proud owner of a brand new sewing machine! It was an incredible birthday surprise from my beautiful Mom and sister. I took it out of the box and was completely 100% intimidated by the cute little thing. I didn't even know how to thread it! In the last couple hours, I learned how to thread, change needles, and (possibly the biggest of all) turn on the machine. Ha! It was definitely an experience. I decided to make a pillow cover for my first project. Quite ambitious if I do say so myself! Below is the result! I used two dish towels to make them, and was so pleased on how it turned out! I definitely need to iron them, but the shabby chic. I am going to buy some more fabric tomorrow to whip together a tutorial on this, so keep on the lookout for that! =) Hope you all are having an absolutely fabulous Christmas break! 


2 comments:

  1. How exciting. I love sewing things and making things on my own.
    You have a really cute blog. Will be back.

    ~Michelle
    peoniesandballetflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm really eager to figure out how to do more things with it. I've made 5 pillows and a stocking today! =) I think it will definitely get its use. Your blog is adorable, as well. Keep up the good work!

      xoxo Anna

      Delete