Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

My First Sewing Machine



I am the proud owner of a brand new sewing machine! It was an incredible birthday surprise from my beautiful Mom and sister. I took it out of the box and was completely 100% intimidated by the cute little thing. I didn't even know how to thread it! In the last couple hours, I learned how to thread, change needles, and (possibly the biggest of all) turn on the machine. Ha! It was definitely an experience. I decided to make a pillow cover for my first project. Quite ambitious if I do say so myself! Below is the result! I used two dish towels to make them, and was so pleased on how it turned out! I definitely need to iron them, but the shabby chic. I am going to buy some more fabric tomorrow to whip together a tutorial on this, so keep on the lookout for that! =) Hope you all are having an absolutely fabulous Christmas break! 


6 comments:

  1. How exciting. I love sewing things and making things on my own.
    You have a really cute blog. Will be back.

    ~Michelle
    peoniesandballetflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm really eager to figure out how to do more things with it. I've made 5 pillows and a stocking today! =) I think it will definitely get its use. Your blog is adorable, as well. Keep up the good work!

      xoxo Anna

      Delete
  2. Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post.
    pillow cases

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best article I came across a number of years, write something about it on this page. cheap sewing machines

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. scamwarning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. manufacturer

    ReplyDelete