Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday Ramblings and a Weekend Recap

Hello, friends!

Can you believe it's already Monday? Why do weekends insist on flying by? I had such a lovely few days off with my sweetheart. On Friday, we sold our old car! Remember that car accident I told you about? The collision shop that was going to fix it initially quoted us a much lower price than what it ended up coming to. Instead of making us pay an extra few thousand, they offered to buy the car from us to fix up as one of their rentals. We jumped on that opportunity after crunching some numbers. I'm just glad it's out of our hair. I took my beautiful Mom and Grandmother out to dinner after the sale. I was getting hit with some major homesickness, so it was perfect that my momma decided to make the drive to see me. We live about an hour and a half away, so I don't see her nearly as often as I would like.I wore the comfiest maxi skirt to dinner. It was on sale at Target for $5.98! I couldn't pass it up.I'm well aware that I'm not a fashion blogger, but outfits like these just make me so happy. 


On Saturday, I spent the whole day in my pjs with my hubby. Those are the best days! We watched some of our favorite tv shows, worked out together, and spent lots of time laughing. I was catching up on some blog reading when I heard him in the kitchen. I peeked over and saw him lighting a bunch of candles, making dinner, and he even turned on some romantic music! Seriously!? I'm married to the cutest boy ever. He made me a fancy grilled cheese dinner by candlelight. My heart melted. I managed to snap a quick cell phone pic when he had just started setting things up. Isn't that the most precious thing? I feel so blessed.


Another fun part of our weekend? Making plans to take his students on their senior trip! We are the only two chaperones (um, how did I get wrapped up in this?) and are taking a bunch his soon-to-be graduates to NYC! Do I have any local readers on here? What are your top things to visit in the big apple? I will be completely satisfied with a trip to the Disney store, but I'm so excited to explore.


Have a fabulous start to the week! :) Only 4 more days until the weekend!

xoxo





3 comments:

  1. I love stuff on sale at Target. I got a cute pair of boots for $17!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great store! <3 I'm obsessed with their clearance racks.

      Delete
  2. remember when we took a trip to the big apple and you didn't get to see like...anything.
    haha. also, remember the weird dude in the disney store?

    ReplyDelete