Happy Valentine's week, everyone! I'm sure by now you've been overwhelmed by the mushy nonsense that has seemingly taken over the aisles of your favorite stores and the small fortune you are guaranteed to spend on this "Hallmark Holiday." In tribute to this, and my love for being
a cheapskate frugal, I have compiled a list of five of our favorite FREE date night ideas.
1. Sign up for Redbox's free text club. Along with all the other free codes online, you'll get a few texts each month with codes for free movies! Just text FREEBIES to 727272. Throw some pillows on the floor, pop some popcorn, and cuddle while watching your free flick. The hubby and I do this one a lot. In fact, we each got one of these codes last night!
2. Go out for a free meal! This may be a silly one, but many of my favorite restaurants (PF Changs being one) offer free meals for signing up for their email clubs. I made a dedicated email address for things like this to avoid having spam in my regular inbox. Please, do not forget to tip!
3. Have a picnic! When we were dating, this was one of our favorite activities to do together. We'd visit a local park, pack a picnic basket, and bring our bikes. After a romantic picnic, we'd go on a long bike ride. We'd often bring a camera to take goofy pictures together, and we always had a blast.
4. Attend a movie in the park! All of the areas surrounding my hometown had "Movies in the Park" every weekend. It was free to attend, and you could bring your own snacks. It was so much fun watching movies under the stars!
5. I know most of my date nights involve movies, so here's another way to score a free film: Visit your local library together. Ours offers free 2 day-1 week rentals on a TON of new release movies. One even allowed us to take 10 out at a time! Have a movie marathon together!
I would love to hear more ideas for free date nights, as we are always looking for more. Please let me know if you have any! Have a fabulous week!