Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

A new year, and some new resolutions.




We made it through 2013! I was incredibly excited to usher in a new year. Although it may just be a date on a calendar, for me it symbolized fresh starts, new beginnings, and second chances. I've set a few goals for myself this year, and I hope that by writing them down I will be more liable to keep them.


1. Sing more. I love singing, and I love performing. I want to do more of what I love this year. I want to enter another singing contest, sing in church (a big fear of mine, actually!), and write more songs. I hope to learn how to play basic things on the guitar to be able to write my own music. I want to be more confident in my music.

2. Lose 15 pounds. It's obtainable. Through a certain baby-preventing medicine (ugh!) I put on a few pounds. I started a diet before Christmas and was able to lose 7 of those extra pounds hanging around. I have 15 more to go for my goal. I want to be happy with my body and be more healthy. I'm going to drink more water and eat more veggies.

3. Stress less. I'm almost always stressed. I work in a fairly stressful position, and carry a lot of weight. I'm going to make this be the year that I let God carry my problems and stop trying to do everything myself. I want to enjoy life more. I'm sure this will help with a little breakout situation on my face as well... Ha!

4. Read my Bible more. This is something I struggle with. I love Jesus and I love his word, but I make so many excuses on why I can't read it that day. I'm making this the year of no excuses. I need to grow in my walk with Christ and learn to love him more.

5. Improve my marriage. There's always so much to work on in marriage! I want to grow as a wife this year. I want to learn to talk more and be angry less. When I argue, I tend to clam up and not speak. I'm going to force myself to talk about things this year. I want to grow as a couple and fall even more in love.

6. Move out of our apartment and into a safer area. I'm really hoping to leave our first little apartment this year. I cannot wait to live somewhere that I feel safe. Hopefully we can look into buying our first home.

7. Plan a Disney trip. Those that know me know that I'm literally obsessed (probably at a little bit of an unhealthy level ha!) with Disney. I want to start planning a trip and make it happen. It might not be this year that we go, but I want to start booking and saving through 2013.

8. Get better at blogging. This is still a new venture for me. I hope that I will build a more solid blog, make some new friends, and keep consistent.



Phew! Hopefully these goals help improve me as a person throughout the year. I wish you all the best as you set yours as well!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment