Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gold Dot Tutorial- The Pinterest Challenge



I'm just way too tickled about this project. Is anyone else out there as obsessed with Gold Dots as I am? I wanted to make some cute little pieces inspired by some I saw on Pinterest without a back-link. I am pretty happy with how they turned out! It was pretty time consuming, but not too bad if you do it while watching a movie.

What you'll need:

  • Oven safe white bowls/ cups/ whatever you can find. 
  • 3 hole punch reinforcements (as seen here
  • Gold sharpie paint pen (Make sure it's the paint pen and not just a regular sharpie.) 
  • An oven
Put the reinforcements on your bowl in an orderly fashion. You can see what I did in the pictures below. When you have all the stickers on (make sure they are pressed firmly,) start to color in the circles with your paint pen. Let it try for at least a half hour before peeling off. When you are all set, heat your oven to 350*F and bake your dishes for 30 minutes. 



Overall, this was a great project! The 3 hole punch reinforcements were a great trick to keep the circles from bleeding. I tried to do it freehand before using them, and was having a really difficult time.


Enjoy! :) 


14 comments:

  1. Super cute project- I would have never thought to use those lil' reinforcements!!!

    I'm stopping over from the 'love my post' blog hop and your sidebar that says you love all things Disney is what REALLY caught my eye first ;) I'm with you girl!! We are going there in 7 weeks and a I cannot waiiiit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for stopping by! I need some disney-loving blog friends, so I'm glad to meet you! ♥

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the gold polka dots! It's seriously my favorite color right now. lol
    I am stopping by from the blog hop!
    Your newest follower,
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! I love your blog! :)

      Gold dots are definitely amazing! :) I'm a little too obsessed lately!

      Delete
  3. Anna! You cute little cupcake! These are ADORABLE! Love love love them! I wanna make some now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, pretty girl! :) You definitely need to make some! I wish you lived close by to have a little pinterest party with me. xoxo!

      Delete
  4. Those are adorable! They turned out so well! I might have to try something like that soon'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara! Let me know if you end up making some! :) I would love to see pictures. They were definitely a fun little project!

      Delete
  5. This is fun! Definitely going to have to try this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! Do it! :) It's so fun when people stop by our apartment and ask where I got them. Ha! I'm very happy with them!

      Delete
  6. This is adorable! Definitely something I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, I want to see pictures! :) They are so easy, and I'm glad that they turned out!

      Delete
  7. Love the way this came out! So smart to use reinforcements too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) The reinforcements worked great! They definitely helped to keep the circles consistent.

      Delete