Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NYC! Trip Recap Part 1

Guys- I'm in love with a city. NYC is probably one of the most colorful, exciting, fascinating places I've ever been. Last time I was in the city was after winning singing contest. I didn't get the chance to explore much, because I was so busy prepping to perform in front of some big time casting directors. Although it was a fabulous experience, I'm so glad I finally got the chance to see the city.

First things first- If you go to the city, buy one of the New York Passes. I cannot say enough good about this. It easily paid for itself after the first day, and it got us into EVERYTHING. Another tip: Buy a week long subway pass. You get unlimited rides for a little over $30. For a girl not from the city, this seemed a little steep at first, but it was well worth it.

We started our day off with a trip the the Empire State Building! We enjoyed the Skyride (all of this was covered by our pass!) and after started to take the extraordinarily fast elevators to the tip top of the building. Here's a little tidbit for you- My husband is absolutely terrified of heights. I tried to make him hold my hand when a worker, fondly known as Renita, shooed away my hand thinking I was part of the high school group. "Leave Joe ALONE!" She exclaimed. She then proceeded to whisk my husband away with a hand around his waste and another holding his hand tightly. The cougar. ;) She ushered him through the crowds and gave him a personal tour of the building. It was hilarious! Naturally, I stalked them the whole time snapping pictures. The view was breathtaking. It was a great start to our trip because it allowed us to see how the city was laid out.

After stealing my husband back from the warm embrace of Renita, we left the ESB to use our passes for a bike rental. We biked around that city like you wouldn't believe. It was terrifying. At one point, I was far behind the group. I was in the middle of an extremely busy intersection when I realized I was peddling and going no where. My. Chain. Fell. Off. Awesome. Finally, my husband came back for me and realized what happened and laughed like crazy. The bikes definitely were a great way to explore. We saw so many different places!

We ended our day at Times Square. I asked a police officer: "Where's Times Square?" He gave me the funniest look and said "...You're right in the middle of it." HA! We took lots of pictures, then walked around Manhattan for the night. It was a great start to the exciting trip.





Up tomorrow, I will talk all about my first celebrity encounter! You won't want to miss it! :)




2 comments: