Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

New York City Trip- Day 2 in Pictures

Day two of our trip began with Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. That place was amazing! My favorite was Taylor Lautner. So funny to take pictures with him!









After the wax museum we headed to the NBC Studios to get a tour. As I walked up the stairs I noticed someone very familiar being interviewed in the cafe area. It took me a minute to process that Trace Adkins was sitting right in front of me! It took even longer to process that this was an actual celebrity and not another wax one. Ha! There was hardly anyone up there, so I asked for a picture after. So cool! Penn Jillette and Trace gave us their ice cream after. So good!








It was awesome to see the SNL studios in person. No pictures were allowed, but I wish I could have captured how small that room is in person. They even told us that the celebrities are actually in a 4x6 wooden box behind that famous door they run out of at the beginning. I literally was shocked that so much can happen in such a small stage. 

After the NBC building we headed over to take a speed boat ride to see Lady Liberty. The statue and island are closed right now for repairs, but we were able to get pretty close. 



Another cool tidbit from the day, we found a DC Cupcakes location! It was the best cupcake I've ever had! Coincidentally, we decided to go just after touring the Body Museum (so, so gross.) It was well worth it though! 




To finish off our day, we had dinner at Planet Hollywood, and went to see the views from the Top of the Rock! The views were yet again, breathtaking. 


I hope you all have a fantastic memorial day weekend! So thankful for those that have served our country! 

1 comment:

  1. Georgetown cupcakes branched out to NY? As if NY doesn't have enough good cupcakes of their own...that is an interesting piece of info!

    ReplyDelete