Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY Sand Ceremony






I loved my outdoor wedding. I am so glad the weather was so perfect that day and we were able to go through with all the outdoor plans! When we were deciding what to do for the unity ceremony, I realized I wasn't going to be able to do the traditional candles. We were standing in a potentially windy spot, and I just didn't want that awkward moment of "oh hey... our unity just blew out." I figured it was probably best to avoid that whole situation. We finally decided on a sand ceremony after much deliberation, but I knew there was no way I was going to spend as much as the unity sand sets were going for. So two days before the wedding (what can I say? I'm a big procrastinator!) off we went to Michaels. The sell sand there for a decent price with a coupon. It matched our colors, and I knew it would look great! We went back into the vases and found two slender vases and one wide one that worked perfectly! We added a little bling (my amazing mom had rhinestone stickers) and voila! Perfectly cheap (under 7 bucks!) unity ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment